In 2002, the Pleasanton Police Department and the Pleasanton Unified School District implemented the School Resource Officer (SRO) program as a joint effort to keep our schools safe and establish a positive police presence in Pleasanton schools.
- Two officers are assigned as school resource officers to handle primary responsibilities at the District’s three high schools and three middle schools.
- Daily activities include meeting and working with students, teachers, parents, counselors, and school administrators.
- You may see a police vehicle in our school parking lot on occasion signifying that our officers are visiting and checking in to say "hello" and support staff with advice as well.
- The officers provide advice on a variety of topics, take crime reports, handle disputes at the school, act as counselors, conduct follow-up investigations and guest lecture in classes on a variety of topics.
- After school hours officers often attend sporting events, dances, back-to-school nights and other school activities and events. D.A.R.E. officers visit the campus in the spring to speak to 7th & 8th Graders.
- Both officers also work very closely with leadership classes at the schools and assist the students in coordinating successful events.
The 2018 - 2019 Pleasanton Police Department’s SROs are Officer Michael Rossillon and Officer Matt Harvey. They are each assigned three schools in the Pleasanton Unified School District:
Officer Rossillon is assigned the following schools:
Officer Harvey is assigned the following schools: