SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS
In 2002, the Pleasanton Police Department and the Pleasanton Unified School District implemented the School Resource Officer (SRO) program as a joint effort to keep our schools safe and establish a positive police presence in Pleasanton schools.
- Officers are assigned as school resource officers to handle primary responsibilities at the District’s three high schools and three middle schools.
- Daily activities include meeting and working with students, teachers, parents, counselors, and school administrators.
- You may see a police vehicle in our school parking lot on occasion signifying that our officers are visiting and checking in to say "hello" and support staff with advice as well.
- The officers provide advice on a variety of topics, take crime reports, handle disputes at the school, act as counselors, conduct follow-up investigations and guest lecture in classes on a variety of topics.
- After school hours officers often attend sporting events, dances, back-to-school nights and other school activities and events. D.A.R.E. officers visit the campus in the spring to speak to 7th & 8th Graders.
- Officers also work very closely with leadership classes at the schools and assist the students in coordinating successful events. We love
- The 2022 - 2023 Pleasanton Police Department's SROs are Officers Nicole Evans, Rich Trovao and Matt Harvey. They are assigned to the following PUSD schools:
Officer Nicole Evans is assigned to all PUSD schools, Officer Trovao is assigned to Foothill HS, Pleasanton MS, Harvest Park MS and Hart MS and Officer Harvey is assigned to Amador Valley High School, Village High School and Pleasanton MS.
- We love working with our Pleasanton Police Department and School Resource Officers - We are Better Together.