Attendance and Office

Welcome to our Main Office. Here you can find forms you may need for attendance, health, or volunteer activities.
Please remember to check in with our front desk when you arrive.
All visitors on campus must sign in at the Main Office and receive a Visitor Pass Badge prior to entering campus.
 Main Office Files
Attendance Forms
If a student will arrive late to school, a parent/guardian should call the school attendance line at 925-426-9701 before the student arrives or send a note with the student. The student must then sign in at the attendance counter and receive an admit slip.

If a student is absent from school all day, a parent/guardian must call the attendance line that day to clear the absence. Any uncleared absence after three days will be considered a truancy and a letter may be sent to the parent/guardian.

If a student needs to leave campus, a parent/guardian must send a note stating the date, the reason for departure, the time of departure, and the expected time of return. Please rememberParents/guardians must also come to the attendance office to sign out the student. 
 K-12 Independent Study Request and Procedures form
Health Office
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS Please make sure work/home/cellular phone numbers are listed on the emergency card. It is imperative that we have up-to-date information about how to locate you (or your designee) in the case of an emergency. If there are any changes to the emergency numbers during the school year, please come into the office to make those changes.
The Health Office will always call a parent when an injury has occurred to a student to inform you about their well being.
Please read the file below entitled Info from the Health Office or click here to visit our Health Office Page.

Independent Study Contract Request and Procedures

In Pleasanton Unified we believe it is imperative that your student attends school regularly. Lost classroom instructional time is difficult, if not impossible to replace. However, if you find that you need an extended absence of 5 or more school days during the school year, you should request an Independent Study Contract.

The contract assists in preventing your child from falling behind and gives your child attendance credit. Below are the procedures for requesting an Independent Study Contract.

    1. Parents/Guardians notify school administration at least 10 school days prior to the absence. School Administrators have the final decision to approve or not approve a request for a student to leave school on an independent study contract.
    2. Per California Education Code, Independent Study Contracts are only issued to students who will be absent for a minimum of 5 school days.  The maximum number of school days the contract will be approved for cannot exceed 20 school days. After 21 school days, due to our impacted schools, PUSD cannot guarantee your child will return to the same classroom or the same school.
  • If an emergency situation occurs while the student is on an approved Independent Study contract, please understand that we are unable to approve an extension to the existing contract. All efforts to notify the school, submit and return the work to the teachers should be made in accordance with the existing contract. The additional days of absence will be marked according to our District attendance policy. School and classroom placement will be discussed upon return to PUSD.
  1. Students must turn in work on, or before, the agreed contract date. If the student is on an Independent Study Contract that occurs during the end of a grading period, the student needs to submit the assignments to the teachers 3 days before the end of the grading period. Students may receive an incomplete on their report card or a lower grade in the class, if the assigned course work is not completed or returned on time.
  2. A student with disabilities, as defined in Ed Code 56026, is not eligible for an Independent Study Contract unless his/her Individualized Education Program (IEP) specifically provides for such participation (Ed Code 51745). Please discuss this with your child’s case manager.
  3. Students whose achievement level is below grade level standards may not be eligible.
  4. Students who have had an Independent Study Contract in the past and did not successfully complete the work or terms of the contract are not eligible for a new contract during the same school year.

Beginning of Each School Year

There are no Independent Study agreements issued the first twenty (20) school days of the year. If a student anticipates being absent for the first day or week of school, the school administrator should be informed prior to the first day of school. If you do not inform the school administrator of your child’s anticipated absence, school staff will likely assume that you have moved and will drop your student from enrollment within PUSD.

Please understand, in order to guarantee a space for your child at your school of residence, your child must return to school prior to or no later than Monday of the second week of school.

Also understand, if  your child is absent, our truancy letter notification and follow up procedures will apply and may initiate the Student Attendance Review Team (SART) and/or Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) process.

End of Each School Year

There are no Independent Study agreements issued the last twenty (20) school days of the year. PUSD will not approve Independent Study requests during the last 20 school days of the school year. Existing policies related to assignments and grading will be upheld for excused and unexcused absences if taken during the final 20 days of the school year. If your child is absent the last twenty days, due to our impacted schools, we cannot guarantee your child will return to the same school the following school year.