Staff » Health Office

Health Office

If your student must take a prescription or over-the-counter (i.e. Advil, eye drops, and cough drops) medication in school, you may do any of the following:
  • You or an adult designated by you in writing, may come to school and give the medication to your child. The Health Clerk may not be designated for this responsibility.
  • You may get a copy of the Authorization for Medication form from your child’s school and take it to your child’s health care provider. This form must be filled out and signed by the health care provider and the parent/legal guardian. Once completed, return this form to your child’s school. The Health Clerk will assist your child taking the medicine.
  • You may choose to discuss with your health care provider a schedule for giving medication outside of school hours. Medication forms are available in the school’s health office or can be downloaded by clicking here to find on the District website.  Medication must be delivered by an adult to the health office in its original container.
Please make sure work/home/cellular phone numbers are listed on the emergency card. It is imperative that we have up-to-date information about how to locate you (or your designee) in the case of an emergency. If there are any changes to the emergency numbers during the school year, please come into the office to make those changes.
Any medical condition about your student should be noted on the emergency card (i.e., asthma, allergies, heart conditions, etc.). By being aware of his/her conditions, we can better help your student in a medical emergency.
Per California Education Code 49423.1, students with asthma are permitted to carry their inhaler. This form must be filled out by you and your health care provider. If your child has severe allergies that necessitate him/her to carry an EpiPen, the same form needs to be filled out as well. The forms are available in the school’s health office or can be downloaded from the District website.
If your child has any medical conditions such as diabetic, seizures or severe food allergies, please contact the school health office to fill out the required forms in order for us to meet his/her medical needs in school. It will be helpful to provide a small picture of the student to be attached to the forms.
These students need to show proof of immunizations. The proof must be reviewed by the Health Services Liaison or a District Nurse at the time of the enrollment. If you are entering from out of the country, a TB test must be done within 6 months of the first day of school. Immunizations must be up-to-date and signed or stamped by the doctor’s office.
Please check the current California immunization requirements by clicking here

Incoming 7th graders Must Have These Immunization Boosters to Start in the Fall:


  • Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (Tdap) - 1 dose.  This booster must have been given after the 10th birthday and may be called Tdap, Adacel, or Boostrix.
  • Measles-containing Vaccine (MMR)- 2 doses.  Both doses must be given on or after the child's first birthday.
  • Varicella (chickenpox)- 2 doses 


Please check your child's immunization record for these vaccines and bring a copy of the record to the School Office ASAP.


If your child has not received a Tdap booster or does not meet the MMR/Varicella requirements, please schedule an appointment to see your healthcare provider as soon as possible.  Please keep in mind that personal/religious belief exemptions are no longer an option.


Students who have not submitted proof of these immunization boosters will not be allowed to start school in the fall. 

If you have any questions, please contact a District Nurse or the Health Services Liaison at 426-4290.