Our Responsibilities - Click here for Administrative over view.
Our administration team uses leadership and administrative skills in promoting the maximum educational development of each middle school student. Our chief responsibilities are to provide:
- Instructional Leadership
- Adhere to the District Board/administrator operating policies and guidelines.
- Promotes the District mission of “each students growth and success”.
- Set expectations and positive climate for students and staff.
- Provide the support and reinforcement necessary for good staff morale.
- Make recommendations on needs identified by assessment data, teacher recommendations and educational research.
- Support Staff Personnel.
- Prepare master schedule.
- Assist and motivate teachers to develop and improve their professional standing through inservice and college courses.
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings.
- Curriculum Development
- Establish and implement educational goals and objective for the school and in evaluating the accomplishment of these goals and objectives.
- Promote the general health, safety, and welfare of the student body.
- Coordinate and evaluate the curriculum in accordance with the district curriculum policy.
- Establish rules and sets the tone for student discipline in accordance with school board policy and current school law.
- Assist Guidance in the registration and scheduling of students.
- Support the school/community organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive written and verbal communication with the community.
- Encourage staff to maintain positive relationship with community.
- Work with PTO to promote school/community relations and highlight student and teacher accomplishments.
- Provide the appropriate communication techniques to all families.
- Prepare school budgets and long range plans to address the needs of the school.
- Work with custodial and maintenance staff to insure the proper cleanliness, repair and safety of the building and grounds.
- Participate in local, state, and national professional organizations.
- Read current professional literature.
- Visit other programs in other schools and attends educational conferences.
- Serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- Maintain the legal responsibility to help instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.