Pleasanton Unified School District * Summer Program 2018 FAQ’s
- What are the dates/times/locations of Summer School 2018?
- K-5 8:00 am - 12:00 pm - Alisal Elementary School
Pre-K 8:30 am - 11:30 am - Alisal Elementary School
Grades 6-8 8:00 am - 12:00 pm - Amador High School
June 11th - July 16th / No school on Fridays or July 4-6th
Grades 9-12 8:30 am - 12:30 pm - Amador High School
Session 1 - June 11th - June 28th / Session 2 - July 2nd - July 19th
No school on Fridays or July 4-6th
- When does registration for Summer School begin?
- Registration will begin after Spring Break. K-8 students will be notified by their school sites and/or through US mail. High School students (9-12) will be notified by their counselor via US Mail.
- Can anyone enroll in Summer School?
- No. Only elementary and middle school students who are at risk of not meeting grade level standards, English Learner (EL) and high school students with D/F grades will be invited. All high school students must have their counselor’s signature that they received or are likely to receive a D/F in the class in order to register.
- What criteria is used to identify K-8 students who will be invited to attend Summer School?
- Multiple measures of student achievement are used to determine if a student will benefit from summer school intervention. We evaluate report cards, benchmark exams, and standardized tests. A list of students generated from this data will be sent to the school sites in mid April. At that point, teachers have the opportunity to add students they suggest or delete students from our lists. Teachers should plan to provide data to support the recommendations. Due to space limitations, not all suggestions can be accommodated.
- What is your attendance policy for Summer School?
- There are no excused absences in summer school. A K-8 student may accumulate no more than two (2) absences during summer school. After two absences a student will be removed. 10 minutes or more tardy is considered absent. Three tardies are considered an absence. Consistent attendance is very important for students who are in need of academic assistance. 9-12 students must attend daily to receive credit.
- What is the registration deadline for Summer School?
- The final day that applications will be accepted is May 17th, 2018.
- Where is Summer School located?
- High school and middle school students will attend Amador Valley High School, located at 1155 Santa Rita Road.
Elementary students will attend at Alisal Elementary school located at 1454 Santa Rita Road.
- What if I have special accommodations such as an IEP?
- IEP and 504 accommodations are followed in summer school.
- I am an out of district student. May I enroll in summer school?
- Only Pleasanton residents may enroll in summer school. Fee-based programs are open to out of district students.
- Is there a fee to attend Summer School?
- No, there is no fee to attend. However, donations are accepted.
- I have submitted my application, when will I find out the class and time for Summer School?
- Secondary and (Grades 9-12): Once your counselor has approved Summer School for you, the application will be submitted and you will be scheduled in your class(es). You will be able to see your schedule in Q once enrolled. Elementary and Middle School confirmation will be mailed the week of June 1st.
- What if I only need one High School course and have a time preference?
- We do our best to accommodate a preference, however, there is no guarantee as classes fill up.
- Will I receive a transcript at the end of the Summer School Session?
- No, students may request transcripts from their school registrar.
- Will PUSD offer enrichment courses in the Summer Session?
- Yes, we are pleased to partner with Pleasanton Adult and Career Education to offer non-credit earning fee-based enrichment courses. Please watch the Summer Programs website for more information. We expect to have schedules published after Spring Break.