Wed. Oct. 4 Before School
Every October, schools across the county–and the world–celebrate International Walk and Roll to School Day. The celebration is designed to encourage students, families and the school community to roll, walk, bicycle, take transit, or use other non-motorized transportation to get to school.
This year, we’ll celebrate on the morning of Wednesday, October 4, 2023. We encourage all students to bike, walk, roll in on scooters or carpool to school on Oct. 4th. You will be greeted with music and participating students will receive fun giveaways and take part in a global event with students around the world.
Why DO We Celebrate and Encourage Walking and Rolling to School?
- In one generation, the number of kids walking and bicycling to school has dropped from 71% to 18%.
- Transportation is responsible for nearly 40% of the Bay Area’s harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Seventy-five percent of California students are not able to pass basic fitness standards.
- Travel to school accounts for approximately 21% of all morning traffic.
- It is an easy way for children to get the recommended 60 minutes of daily physical activity.
Friday, Oct. 20 / 5:00-7:00pm
Due to a busy fall, we are postponing Pantherfest 2023 to Friday, Oct. 20th from 5:00-7:00pm. Save the date for the biggest PMS event of the year! Pantherfest is a celebration of all the clubs and activities at PMS. This event is held on the PMS campus and families are invited to attend. Enjoy food and music while you learn more about all of the fun activities at PMS. Entrance is FREE, please bring cash to make purchases that support the Clubs and activities.
We have been excited to watch our 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball teams form, train, and then play against other teams in our Tri-Valley league. They have been learning and honing their foundational basketball skills, learning to play as a team, and fostering their spirit of competition and collaboration. We are grateful for our coaches, proud of our young athletes and scholars, and look forward to seeing them play and hopefully win in upcoming competitions!
However, in order to field teams in our upcoming Fall sports schedule, we are still looking for coaches, most urgently for our Cross Country team that should have started tryouts this week. Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in coaching X-country (starts week of 9/18), 7th/8th grade Girls Basketball (starts 10/16) or 6th grade Girls Basketball (starts 11/8).
If you are interested please visit edjoin for a list of multiple available positions, with Cross Country being the most time sensitive!.
Also, your students must have Athletic Clearance in order to participate in tryouts, practice or games, so if they are considering an upcoming sport this Fall or later this year, please read below for more information on how to obtain athletic clearance for your athlete.
We have set up an account with Home Campus to house our Athletic Clearance Information.
1. Login to this link- Home Campus
2. Create an account
3. Once you have created an account you will enter "Pleasanton MS" in the "School" menu.
4. Select "23-24" School Year
5. Select the sport you would like to try out for. At this time Boys and Girls Basketball and Boys and Girls Cross Country are the only sports available for the fall.
6. Fill out the informational tabs by providing your athletes and family information.
7. On step three, "Medical" you will be able to download the PMS Physical Form. This form must be filled out by your doctor and include a medical office stamp. If you do not include the medical stamp, the physical form will not be valid.
8. Consent signature sections. Please have you and your athletes read and sign each consistent signature section. You do not need to print these forms out.
9. File Upload - You will need to upload a copy of your physical form after you have completed your students athletic physical. If your athlete has not done an athletic physical yet, you can skip this part and log back in once the physical has been completed. All physical forms will need to be uploaded to Home Campus. Do not bring the physical forms to the athletic office. Athletes will not be cleared to tryout until they have an uploaded physical form on file.
10. Once you have completed the forms, you will receive an email from Home Campus letting you know you have completed the appropriate paperwork. Remember, if you have not uploaded your physical form, you are not cleared to try out.
Sat. Sept 23rd 6:00-9:00pm
PMS GARDEN CLEAN UP 9/23 - THIRD DATE ADDED!
Last Saturday's garden clean up was again both fun and productive. If you missed last week's event, there's good news! Another clean up date was added for this Saturday. Come join the fun!
PMS raised $1,947 at the Aloha Dance to benefit the Maui Humane Society! Way to go Panthers!
Grant Applications are due 9/30. Open to all PMS PTSA Members (students, parents, staff, teachers, etc)
WILDCARD FUND - GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE 9/30
Check out this NEW PTSA Initiative!
Do you have ideas on how to make the school and PMS community better? Apply for the Panthers Wildcard Fund! Think outside the box and dream about how to make the school an even better place. All ideas are WELCOME! More information can be found HERE.
**Please contact Mirjam at email@example.com with questions**
Click here for online order form
School code is 7895