Pleasanton Unified School District’s Dress Code Policy is enforced at Pleasanton Middle School. The following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals must have heel straps. Flip-Flops or backless shoes or sandals are not acceptable.
- Clothing, jewelry and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles, etc.) shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive, which show drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
- Hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors unless it is an article of clothing worn for religious reasons. Students are allowed to wear sun-protective clothing, including but not limited to hats, for outdoor use during the school day.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, tops that expose the stomach, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Gym shorts may not be worn in classes other than physical education. Students are to change from their P.E. clothes back to street clothes when the P.E. class is completed.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed. Hair may not be sprayed by any coloring that would drip when wet.
- Dark glasses shall not be worn indoors, except for valid medical reasons authorized by the school administration and verified in writing by a physician.
- Any clothing, apparel or attire which could be used as a weapon, or could be damaging to school property, including, but not limited to, steel-toed boots, chains, items with spikes or studs, etc., is prohibited.
Administration may impose more stringent dress requirements to accommodate the special needs of certain sports and/or classes. Guidelines may also be adjusted to meet student health needs, to accommodate for religious obligations (observances) as well as other special circumstances such as spirit days.
9. No gang-related apparel (EC 32282 (F)-Sec. 35183.